The SCDAA Annual Convention is a four-day conference designed to address the multi-factorial aspects of Sickle Cell Disease. This year the event will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, home of the SCDAA National Office!
In an effort to advocate for improved quality of life for individuals and families affected with sickle cell disease and its associated morbidity and mortality, the conference fosters the exchange of the latest scientific and clinical information related to the disease. This is done through the offering of innovative symposia, training seminars and interactive panel discussions. In addition this year’s convention offers an array of exciting activities designed to educate and motivate the entire community to get involved in the fight against Sickle Cell Disease.
Physicians. (Other healthcare professionals will also benefit from this educational offering.)
The participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate in an effective manner procedures for addressing pain crisis in various settings. ??
2. Utilize evidence-based guidelines and best practices in their daily care of self and patients to improve patient outcomes and quality of life.
3. Identify alternate treatment options for the care of themselves and patients.
4. Use clinical trial websites to access information regarding participation in various available clinical trials.
5. Decrease the amount of fragmentation in care from adolescent to adult providers.
6. Recognize, identify or assist in the development of social and emotional resources for patients and families.