Whether you’re a patient, a caregiver, a friend, a family member or a provider, sickle cell advocacy is important as we work toward a universal cure. Please visit the links below to find resources to help you advocate for key legislative issues that are important to individuals living with SCD and their families.
- SCDAA’s FY 2023 Federal Legislative Priorities: SCDAA advocacy priorities for FY 2023
- SCDAA’s comments on the CDC’s opioid guidelines: Urging the CDC to go further to support the sickle cell community’s needs for pain management
- Neurobiological Mechanisms of Pain in Sickle Cell Disease: A National Institutes of Health article on the physiology of pain resulting from SCD
- Addressing Sickle Cell Disease: A Strategic Plan and Blueprint for Action: A Report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
- Evidence-Based Management of Sickle Cell Disease: A Report by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute at the National Institutes of Health
- Letter to Congress from the SCD community: Urging leadership to mandate an annual hearing on the 2020 NASEM report on SCD.