The Leadership Academy helps to increase the productivity of those sickle cell disease professionals that work to assist their organizations in achieving long-term goals. It helps to develop and improve the organizational culture and fosters a more effective learning culture within an organization.
Building leadership skills and organizational effectiveness is paramount to the success of sickle cell programs across
the nation. That is why SCDAA offers an array of training programs to the public in an effort to improve quality of work, programs and services.
Join SCDAA for its next scheduled Leadership Academy webinar this month. These trainings help individuals with capacity building and provide information to strengthen community-based organizations. Registration is required.
Upcoming 2019 Training Sessions
- July 18, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Building Effective Programs; Trainer: Michelle Nusum
- August 15, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Know Your Medicine-SCD; Trainer: Stephen Boateng
- September 19, 2:30-3:30 p.m: Leveraging Partnerships; Trainer: Talicia Mayo-Gamble
- October 17, 2:30-3:30 p.m: Patient Recruitment; Trainer: Dr. Marjorie Dejoie
- November 21, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Database Programs for Donors; Trainer: Marz Bishop
- December 19, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: HIPPA Compliance-General Education; Trainer: Dr. Genice Nelson
We look forward to your participation!
SCDAA’s Leadership Academy trainings cover such topics as, but not limited to:
- Member Capacity Building
- Nonprofit Governance
- Funding Sustainability
- Leadership Development