The Leadership Academy helps to increase the productivity of those sickle cell disease professionals that work to assist their organizations in achieving long-term goals. It helps to develop and improve the organizational culture and fosters a more effective learning culture within an organization.
Building leadership skills and organizational effectiveness is paramount to the success of sickle cell programs across
the nation. That is why SCDAA offers an array of training programs to the public in an effort to improve quality of work, programs and services.
Join SCDAA for its next scheduled Leadership Academy webinar this month. These trainings help individuals with capacity building and provide information to strengthen community-based organizations. Registration is required.
Upcoming 2020 Training Sessions
- August 20, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: CHW – Community Health Workers; Trainer: Shantia Fitzgerald
- September 17, 2:30-3:30 p.m: The Roll of CBOs in Clinical Trials – General Education; Trainer: Ify Osunkwo
- October 22, 2:30-3:30 p.m: Leveraging Partnerships; Trainer: Talicia Mayo-Gamble
- November 19, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Succession Planning; Trainer: Carmen Marshall
- December 17, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Hydroxyurea Education – General Education; Trainer: Dr. Bree Andemariam
We look forward to your participation!
SCDAA’s Leadership Academy trainings cover such topics as, but not limited to:
- Member Capacity Building
- Nonprofit Governance
- Funding Sustainability
- Leadership Development