June 19th was officially designated as World Sickle Cell Awareness Day. The international awareness day is observed annually with the goal to increase public knowledge and an understanding of sickle cell disease, and the challenges experienced by patients and their families and caregivers. World Sickle Cell day 2021 was a success; Check back for information about World Sickle Cell Day 2022 as we get closer to the date!
Sickle Cell News
- In Memory of Carlton Haywood, Jr., Ph.D. January 4, 2022
- MARAC Advisory Statement: Update About COVID-19 December 23, 2021
- SCDAA News Advisory: Partial Hold on Gene Therapy Trial December 23, 2021
- SCDAA names Regina Hartfield CEO December 9, 2021
- SCDAA Announces Change in Leadership November 11, 2021