June 19th was officially designated as World Sickle Cell Awareness Day. The international awareness day is observed annually with the goal to increase public knowledge and an understanding of sickle cell disease, and the challenges experienced by patients and their families and caregivers. World Sickle Cell day 2021 was a success; Check back for information about World Sickle Cell Day 2022 as we get closer to the date!
Sickle Cell News
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America announces new teen ambassador July 19, 2021
- The Kidney Cancer Association and SCDAA launch KNOW & TELL June 21, 2021
- MARAC Statement on Gene Therapy & Bone Marrow Therapies May 20, 2021
- GBT and SCDAA Kick Off “Lift Every Voice to Shine the Light on Sickle Cell” May 4, 2021
- SCDAA partners with Sickle Cell Community Consortium April 28, 2021