Download the PDF: 2019 Convention Program
Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. (SCDAA) will hold its 47th Annual National Convention on October 9-12, 2019 at the Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, 202 E Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Target Audience: Physicians, Individuals living with sickle cell disease and sickle cell trait and their family members, researchers, nurses, social workers, psychologists and community health workers will benefit from these educational offerings.
The participants will be able to:
- Interact with medical experts as well as others living with sickle cell disease.
- Demonstrate in an effective manner procedures for addressing sickle cell pain in various settings.
- Utilize evidence-based guidelines and best practices in their daily self-care to improve overall health and quality of life.
- Explain and understand the latest in treatment options.
- Define and appreciate the growing number of new medications being developed in clinical trials.
- Identify how to participate in clinical trials.
- Explain and decrease the amount of fragmentation of care from adolescent to adult providers.
- Recognize, identify or assist in the development of social and emotional resources for patients and families.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Medical Society of Virginia through the joint providership of Carilion Clinic’s CME Program and Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc. Carilion Clinic’s CME Program is accredited by The Medical Society of Virginia to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Carilion Clinic’s CME Program designates this live activity for a maximum 12.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.